Hi, all!

In message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
on Monday, September 23, 2002, 8:47:12 AM, you wrote:

JA> On Monday, September 23, 2002, Marck D Pearlstone wrote...

SM>>> Well, I'm surprised that some email server or other didn't whine
SM>>> about it being an invalid email address.

>> Me too. OTOH, is it actually "invalid" per-se? Other than there
>> being no such domain as "thebat.dutaint.com?body=subscribe" or, more
>> importantly, no such TLD as "com?body=subscribe"

JA> Some mail clients and (as you work with PHP, you may know this)
JA> programming languages use the ? as a starting separator for arguments.
JA> If you were to double click the same link in Outlook/Outlook Explorer,
JA> it'd put "subscribe" in the body, if that said ?subject=subscribe it'd
JA> put it in the subject.

My ISP's SMTP server said this:

550 5.1.2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=subscribe>... Host unknown (Name
server: local.nu?body=subscribe: host not found)

--
--Scott.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! 1.61 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 on an AMD Athlon
XP 1900 (1.6G real, 1.9G effective) with 512MB.