Hello Scott,

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, at 12:31:57 [GMT -0500] (which was 1:31:57
PM in NY, USA) Scott McNay wrote:

> Methinks  you're  missing  the  point.   "Mark  Thread"  means  you're
> interested in the subject and want it highlighted or something so that
> you can read it first, before any other email.  I agree with James, it
> might be interesting.

Correct.  I want to mark a thread or topic as "watched" or
important so that every response to that thread takes visual
precedence over others.

> James,  just  create  a  rule that applies a color.  It shouldn't take
> tooo long to create a rule, if you're accustomed to doing it.

If you're referring to a filter...I don't want to move the
message nor create hundreds of filters over time regardless of
how easy it is. Plus any filter solution (at least any I have
thought of) would leave out the important need to "un-watch" an
entire thread.  If I misunderstood, please let me know.

And before anyone suggests it, marking a thread after the fact
does not cut it.  To be useful, it would have to mark _future_
replies to the thread as the come in.

Not to drag this out too much...but I would have been more than
happy with just parking a whole thread provided that every
**future reply to that thread were automatically parked** without
intervention.  Currently, I repeatedly park threads I am
"watching" each time I come across them.  I unpark the thread
when I lose interest or the thread dies.  IOW, I am using the
park thread feature as a glorified flag.  Hopefully that
clarifies my purpose a bit.

James
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.stamp-co.com