On Tuesday, October 1, 2002, 12:34:50 PM, Scott wrote:

> Certain  internet  programs  do  not like losing connection. One of my
> co-workers  tells  me that Norton AV (or Norton Internet Security, one
> of those Norton programs) does not like it when a full-time connection
> (cable or DSL) goes away, and the system tends to lock.

FWIW, I use Norton Internet Security 2002 and regularly unplug from my
home network (wired DSL) and/or plug and unplug my PCMCIA Wireless
Network card. I also hibernate and resume at different locations (with
different network characteristics). Windows XP and Norton are
perfectly well behaved, and I haven't had any lockups or hiccups.

It may be that earlier Windows versions are less forgiving.

Regards
Christopher                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1