Hi Melissa,

On Sunday, October 6, 2002 09:25 your local time, (22:10 my local
time), you [MR] wrote:

MR> I used Pocomail before I started using TB!,

Ditto here

MR> and while I've never used it for daily email since I started with
MR> TB! (over a year ago), I still keep my PM up to date (currently
MR> v2.63, build 1077)...

I have zipped & stored my copy somewhere...

MR> While several improvements have been made to it, PM's plain text
MR> editor still has some real problems. Even saving a message to
MR> "draft", then re-opening it to continue editing can cause unwanted
MR> formatting changes (bad wrapping) that cannot then be easily fixed

I've never noticed this or have no recollection of it. Probably
because I never used the draft function regularly.

MR> Basic editor problems like that described above - and some others
MR> that are still lingering - are simply unacceptable in a heavily
MR> used email client.

One of the nonsense features of Poco is how it handles the find
message function, i.e. it puts all the found messages in a separate
folder. I fail to understand the logic behind that one.

MR> PM's editor/viewer, because of these continued problems, also
MR> renders PGP clear signature use pretty useless

and NO native support for PGP either. Clearly, Slaven's main customer
base comprises of non-PGP users.

MR> Pocomail's developer (Slaven R.) - does have some really nice
MR> ideas, but I've always felt that he tries to constantly
MR> incorporate too many "bells and whistles" without really refining
MR> some of the more basic functionality..

I think he took a path of commercialization from version 1.x onwards.
This is what happens when you make your application skinnable <g>

MR> For those who are considering various Windows email clients, and
MR> have found TB!, I say look no further...you've already found the
MR> best! :-

I second this; my Pocomail suggestion to Tim was to point out that
there are better alternatives to OE, should he ever consider going
back to M$ territory.

--
be well,
Sudip Pokhrel             |    /"\