Well,

I set up a filter for a mail group as described earlier and only half
the group messages make it to the relevant folder, the rest stay
obstinately in the inbox :-(
I have the rule adressees are sender to group XXXX.

Also how do I get my replies to messages from that group to go into
the same folder (my name isn't in the address book)?

I have another rule for one person with the sender's address as
recipient and sender and, again, the latest mail from this person
stays obstinately in the inbox, everything beforehand is filtered
correctly.

After reading all the FAQ and help files I am still not sure exactly
what the definition is for a KLUDGE and when rules should be applied
(if at all) to the Outgoing, Read and Replied to folders. I gather
that outgoing filters only apply after going to the SMTP server so
does that mean they will be put in the correct folder when they return
as copies? Oh heck this is difficult.

I don't have many rules at the moment as I am still starting out with
TB so should I delete all and try again?

 Richard                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! 1.61 under Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2