Hello Thomas,

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 at01:35:27[GMT +0700](which was 19:35 where I live)
you wrote:

TF> Check whether this is always true. Is "sender" the group? I believe in
TF> this group, it isn't.

Now you've got me thinking. As my name is not in the group or the
address book  I assumed "sender" was when members of the
group mailed me and "recipient" was when a message went from me to
them? Am I wrong. Again the rule works most of the time, just three
addresses in the group won't transfer across and no other rules are
active on those addresses.

TF> Your replies to the list will come in through the list anyway, and
TF> will be caught by the filter on the list.

Ok so, unless there are are reasons for complicated rules, I can keep
all my rules directed at the inbox?

RW>> I have another rule for one person with the sender's address as
RW>> recipient and sender and, again, the latest mail from this person
RW>> stays obstinately in the inbox, everything beforehand is filtered
RW>> correctly.

TF> If everything worked fine and suddenly doesn't, I suspect there is an
TF> typing mistake involved.

No, it was the AND rule in the first filter string. I've now made an
alternative and it's OK.

TF> Once you have understood the logic behind the filters, you will decide
TF> this by yourself. One more tip: The filters are applied from top to
TF> bottom. So if two filters apply for a message, the higher one is
TF> applied first. If that is a MOVE filter, and the other one colours the
TF> message, it won't be coloured.

Thanks for those tips, I'll bear them in mind.

Richard

Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2