Hi, Richard!

Tuesday, October 8, 2002, 2:12:30 AM, you wrote:

RW> It's not that I'm having trouble with it because I don't think, in my
RW> situation, I shall ever need such complicated rules. I just wish that
RW> the more simple rules could be explained to remove any un clearness or
RW> ambiguities, for instance the importance of AND rather than
RW> OR in the first filter string or how to set up for groups and make
RW> sure your reply (not in the address book) cones back to the group too.
RW> I've got it now but only after pestering the good people of this list
RW> who re more than helpful and quick with their responses.

The  AND  and  OR  thing  is  explained in the manual. First time I've
looked  on  that  page.  :)  I mnaged to discover that by accident, so
didn't  need  the  manual for that. A quick-help screen for the basics
would be nice, though.

When  I  add a rule for a mailing list, I put the list's email address
in the rule, and I set it for KLUDGES. I do it this way so I can later
move  my  Sent mail into the Inbox, and run the rules manually, and my
sent  messages will be tossed into the appropriate folder. I keep both
incoming  and outgoing mail, since I don't know if a glitch will cause
it to be lost on the way, or something like that.

--
--Scott.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! 1.61 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600  on an AMD Athlon XP 1900 (1.6G
real, 1.9G effective) with 512MB.