Marck D Pearlstone wrote:
> Hi Gonzalo,
>
> @11-Oct-2002, 08:25 +1000 (23:25 UK time) Gonzalo Servat said:
>
> > ... Once I enabled IMAP, it actually went and tried to download all
> > 987 messages sitting on the server. Is there any way to tell it to
> > download *only* headers unless I open a message?
>
>  ... <snip>
>
> To add to Jonathan's pretty accurate reply, I would suggest
> looking at the message dispatch - "Dispatch mail on server".
> This allows you to do exactly what you are asking - both with
> IMAP and POP3.
>
> As Jonathan (pretty much) said, IMAP is very limited in V1.
> It doesn't amount to much more than a "super-POP3". That's
> more down to the fact that the primary ethos behind the v1
> design is as an off-line mail reader. It expects to be
> managing locally downloaded mail rather than server held mail.

Thank you Jonathan/Marck for your replies.

I'll stick around on the mailing list and wait impatiently for v2. This
is probably the wrong place to ask but are there any other mail clients
for Windows that handle IMAP well and are customizable? At least until
v2 is out then I'll buy me a license :) I'm really sick of Outlook :)

Thanks again guys.

Regards,
Gonzalo.