Hello Alexander,

> I want to automate the process of backing up The Bat!'s mail and
> settings.  Will backing up the MAIL folder be enough? (maybe I
> need the address book in The Bat!'s directory or something else?)
> Also, I must mention that I plan to automatically copy the
> folder/files on a regular basis, not use the maintenance center
> since as far as I know there is no automatic way to run it and
> make it backup files, except if I set up myself a macro/script
> that will do that.  How does this whole approach sound to you?
> Will I be able to recover The Bat!'s setting and mail without
> problems in case of a catastrophic event by copying the backed-up
> files in its directory?

I keep my Mail directory in a different disk (i.e. F:\TB\Mail) and
everything needed to recover seems to be there. I use Second Copy 2000
(http://www.centered.com/) to back up every night and, just with that,
I have been able to recover a couple of times.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v1.60c