Hey Mary,

My MUA believes 'The Bat! (v1.61) UNREG / CD5BF9353B3B7091' was used
to write mid:12946673621.20021018202141@;premiernet.net
on Friday, October 18, 2002 at 9:21:41 PM.

MB> As a result of top posting, your message includes all signatures and
MB> previous list footers of the message you are replying to - another
MB> no-no and this one is against the list rules. Please trim your replies.
MB> </moderator>

MB> Can you please tell me how to do this?  (In order to avoid offending
MB> again, I have copied and pasted the pertinent part of your earlier
MB> message to me. I hope that is not also a no-no.)

Well, the first step is to set up a template for your reply mail that
puts a correct sig in with the appropriate cut mark. Here is a Quick
Template I have on it...

,----- [People on this list are much happier if you use a "Cut Mark"]
| This is a "special sequence that starts on a new line and consists of
| two dashes (minus signs) and a space followed by another new line.

| This "cut mark" is recognized by many eMail programs and is used as a
| cut off point for signatures. That way, when someone replies to one of
| your messages, your signature (anything below the cut mark) is
| removed. Likewise, when you reply to a message from someone that
| includes cut mark, The Bat! will remove anything below the cut mark
| from the text you quote.
`----- [see FAQ @ <www.silverstones.com/thebat/samples.html#newmess>]

Note, the cut mark just above my sig at the bottom of this msg...

MB> I am a true newbie and am using version 1.61 of The Bat! on a
MB> trial basis. Thought I could get some help here, but maybe this
MB> List is too advanced for me. Do you have a Rank Beginner's List
MB> available?

No, no, no.  This is the list you want!  If things get a bit to
Techie, then the moderators push 'em to the TBTech list.

MB> Would you prefer that I just unsubscribe, having caused you so much
MB> trouble?

Please don't drop off the list, it is full of great people and very
helpfull. It is the moderators job to keep order, you just happened to
catch two of the 'pet peeves' (top posting and the cut mark).

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Flying with The Bat! eMail v1.61