Hello Venu,

Tuesday, October 22, 2002, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:

V> Hi tbudl,
V> I do not have much of mail in my accounts. Yet, when I see the
V> amount of disk space The Bat occupies,it takes up 250MB.
V> Checking the Mail folder of all the individual accounts, I find
V> that it simply cannot add up.
V> I am nowhere near people on this list who have 35000 messages.
V> Is there a simple explanation or am I being dense?
V> (I recently copied, not backed up my old Bat directory to the new one
V> when I moved from Win2K to XP)

The total size of my TB! folder is 192Mb with 184Mb being in the Mail
sub-folder, which seems about right at only 8Mb for the program.
( Approx 28,000 posts )

Try doing a 'compress all folders' as Richard says and see what
difference it makes.

NB - if you store attachments with mails then these will swell the
size of TB! folder.

 Barry2
Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 98 4.10 Build  2222