Hello Roelof,

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:02:41 +0200 GMT (22/10/02, 17:02 +0700 GMT),
Roelof Otten wrote:

V>> I do not have much of mail in my accounts. Yet, when I see the
V>> amount of disk space The Bat occupies,it takes up 250MB.

> This is because you don't compress your folders. Here's an explanation
> of what compressing does.

I would like to mention something that I have encountered.

I purge and compress my folders regularly (albeit manually, because I
am a control-freak <g>), but TB slowed down when accessing big active
folders (like this TBUDL folder). I have now defragged my HD, and
access to this and similar folders is *much* faster. :-)

Makes sense, come to think of it.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

I bought a portable cable tv.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM