On 10/25/2002, Marck D Pearlstone wrote:

> So. Who's on first base?

Me, I guess.

I will be trying out a few more scripts this weekend... and will then narrow
my choices down to two or three. Next, I will set up a test board for each
and invite participants of this list who have expressed support for a board
to look at them all. With their feedback I will choose which script to run.

The next step will be asking a few people to donate their time as forum
moderators.

A board is not intended to replace the mailing lists but rather to act as a
complement to it. My own experience has shown that many people enjoy the use
of a message board; their popularity on the web proves it. These aren't just
kids hanging out in forums dedicated to their favorite band or whatever...
dslreports.com is an excellent example of a board at its finest with people
from all age groups and walks of life participating.

To those on-list who are interested in participating in the discussions or
giving me a hand in moderating the forum, I say "welcome" and "thanks".
Conversely, if boards aren't your cup of tea, or if your Internet access
plan precludes your joining in, my regrets.

I will have links to the test boards posted to the list sometime Sunday,
10/27.

--
Regards,
Don Zeigler

...This sentence contradicts itself: no, wait, actually it doesn't.

www.donzeigler.com  |  This message brought to you by The Bat v1.61