ON Friday, November 1, 2002, 7:01:19 PM, you wrote:

DW> Yes, but that's in an account template, not a personal template as I'm
DW> using. If this template is to be of any use, it needs to operate
DW> regardless of which of my (40ish) accounts I'm in at the time. The
DW> mystery is why it works when I select the name from the AB & not when
DW> I create a new email from the toolbar button or using Ctrl-N.

Deborah,
Sorry for being a so slow today, last day of the week :-)
I have a AB personal template with the %account macro and it work when I
use Ctrl-N, the toolbar button, or directly for the AB.

The only suggestion I have is that the template you think is being
activated is not activated. Can you check this by adding some plain text
to the template like "Personal template" and see if it really is the
template you think it is.

If you are using QT's either copy them in the template directly or add
text to the QT templates so you can see they were activated.

 Gerard
Golf is a game where the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3