Hello David,

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002 07:30:20 -0500 GMT (02/11/02, 19:30 +0700 GMT),
David R. Austen wrote:

> This suggests I might want to create a special procedure for all
> replies to messages on this list.

If you do not use any special AB templates (and do not create folder
templates, which should be used in special circumstandes only), TB
will use the account templates. These contain the cut mark (a.k.a.
signature delimiter) already, so you don't really need to do anything
if you don't want to.

> Please, where do I start?

What I did, I created an addressbook entry for this list.

Addressbook icon / Create a new contact icon.

I filled in only two fields on the first tab:
Display name as: "TBUDL"
Email address: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

(no quote marks, in both cases).

This is how you create a new entry. Now you want to create a special
template for replying to this list. You go to the Reply tab (still in
the addressbook), click opn "[x] Use a specific...." and put your
template in there. It is blank now, so to start with, you can c&p your
account template into it.

The account's reply template you'll find under Account / Properties /
Templates (click on the "+") / Reply.

> (I know. This is a Bat101 question of course. I should know better.
> Just a couple of quick hints on strategy, please.)

The above should give you an idea. This is list is Bat101. Please
advise if you have further questions.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

IF THERE IS NO GOD, WHO POPS UP THE NEXT KLEENEX?

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM