Friday, November 8, 2002, 10:25:56 AM, Marck wrote in message
mid:711723508.20021108102556@;silverstones.com

MDP> The limit has been 40kb and I have just dropped it to 25kb (which
MDP> should be enough for most of us). That wouldn't have stopped the
MDP> eicar test (at on 3kb it's pretty lean) but it would stop a real
MDP> virus.

Ermmmmm Marck I hate to disillusion you, but 25kb is plenty big enough
to allow some viruses through :-(  Whereas most of the recent ones
have been fixed size and larger e.g. we've seen Bugbear 50kb, Opasoft
120kb, Roron 115kb, etc, or variable, e.g. Klez, there are those which
are smaller - e.g. Duksten at 10kb, Sponge at 14.3kb  and
Ramidle/Ramlide at 18kb would all slip under the limit you have fixed.
I'd hate for anyone to be lulled into a false sense of security
because they believe that viruses don't come that small.

--
Cheers,
 Anne

Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 98 4.10 Build  2222  A

The Bat Email - Unofficial Support Forum:
http://the-bat-forums.donzeigler.com