Hello Joseph,

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:09:29 -0600 GMT (14/11/02, 23:09 +0700 GMT),
Joseph N. wrote:

> Interesting program.  Does anyone know whether it screws anything up
> on POP3 servers, since they are designed to keep track of downloaded
> messages and not designed to have messages read on the server itself?

I don't know how popcorn works, but it would be easy to do this within
the POP3 protocol. If I wrote such a software, I would use the RETR
command, which retrieves the mails (just like an email client does)
but either download them into RAM or (more likely) into a tmp
directory. After you've read the mails, they would be deleted from the
tmp directory. No harm done.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Bureaucrats do not change the course of the ship of state. They merely
adjust the compass.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM