Hello Thomas!

On Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 1:09:39 AM you wrote:

>> Privacy has to be paid for? Privacy is only for the rich?

> No, you get privacy for the normal price (irrespective of the fact
> that we have determined that this matter has nothing to do with
> privacy). There is no extra fee for it.

You could be in the German government - apply for Hans Eichel's job.

Another point to be made: An e-mail message is mine, not RITLabs' or
MS' or any other company's, therefore I am in charge of if and how a
advertise my software. It's actually bad enough that the mail client
is included within the headers at all. OE/OL users know what I mean,
always been sneered at. In Usenet this is even worse, people always
telling others about their "bad apps".

Is there any reason, beyond pillory, to announce a discount version of
TB (or any other software) like this? Even marketing isn't a very goof
argument, since the same effect could be achieved by just telling
people "X-Mailer: The Bat! (http://www.RITLabs.com)".

--
Dierk Haasis

The Bat 1.62/Beta6 on Windows XP 5.1 2600Service Pack 1

Wer von anderen nichts erwartet, darf sich nicht wundern, wenn er
nichts erhält. (Aleks Papst)