On Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 20:31:08 GMT -0600 (which was 8:31 PM where I
live), thus spake Sean on the subject of "Student, Private, and Business versions":

S> The 'educational' line in the x-mailer header gives out information
S> about me that some people would otherwise not know. It's not a huge
S> deal, but I wish the headers were more generic and did not provide
S> information beyond which e-mail program I use. No other "educational"
S> software that I use (e.g., MS products) identify themselves in such a
S> way.

Are you sure about that?  If memory serves, when I was looking at the
licensing info on an educational copy of some MS software the other
day, you were only legally authorized to use the educational version
AS LONG AS YOU WERE A HALF-TIME OR MORE STUDENT, or if you were
employed FULL TIME AS AN EDUCATOR.  Meaning, if neither applied,you
were illegally using the software.

remember, if you use illegal software, you can go to jail in the USA.

Also, are you absolutely certain that the educational version of the
MS Office suite doesn't mark documents produced with them of the fact
that they are "educational"  versions?  I'd hazard to guess that they
do, even if it's not in as obvious of a place as the X-* headers of an
e-mail message.

That being said, I'd personally prefer if there were an option in TB
to turn off all of the client-generated X- headers.  But that's just
me.

 Geordon                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Your fortune: "Love has reasons which reason cannot understand." - Blaise Pascal