Ciao Mean,

in data luned́ 2 dicembre 2002, alle 22:16, hai scritto:

MD> Does the Bat! have any features to compose HTML mail like one would do
MD> in Outlook....like have inline pictures or background
MD> images...background sounds I know might be too much to ask :-)

thanks to God, no.

html mails are:

1) very much espensive in space:

       text_only_mail_size * [5..10]= html_mail_without_images;

2) useless ( *highlight* something is very simple in text only);

3) annoying  (try to read that nice message written in pink, when your
    default background is yellow);

4) philosophically wrong : e-mail was thought to transmit text, ideas, not
layouts, psichedelic advertising, and is not optimized for this;
Afterwards, the major software producers wanted to give the funny
capability to use colors, nice backgrounds, sound for mails, and
others in-useful features, to attract users that aren't focoused on
efficiency of the communication and *respect* of the addressee

anyway, seems that TB2 will have HTML writing support.
market rulers... :-(

--

Ciao!

     Gian Matteo