Hello listmembers!

First I would like to introduce myself briefly. My Name is Uwe
Zimmermann, I come originally from Germany but chose to go to Sweden
to become a PhD student in Stockholm, five years ago. Privately I have
become involved in the software support of an image database program
which I discovered (after long time searching).

I have converted to Heat! only a few days ago and I am quite sure that
I finally have found my future email client after about a year's
trial-and-error. I was driven to look for a new email client by the
introduction of Opera's new M2 mail engine which I find everything but
useful.

Originally I was using (and still am for my main email account)
Netscape, but when I started as a freelancer in email support for a
small company, I needed a program which could handle
a) multiple accounts separately
b) would offer backup features

Opera has never (in spite of advertising) been able to import my main
email account from Netscape, so it stayed where it was, but everything
else I managed from Opera - until last week.
Therefore I searched the Web for alternatives, I had already tested some of them
like Eudora (at work), Pegasus, but this time I found PMMail and
TheBat!

After about one hour of testing everything was clear and here I am...
I like about everything about the program and whenever somebody asks,
I will recommend it.

Now I come to my questions, I hope somebody has made it through the
blurb above and is still reading this.
In the support emails I often get attached plain-text documents to the
email. These normally have the extension .log, but may also come as
.txt. I wonder if there is any possibility to make TheBat! display
these attachments - it's all plain ASCII text - much like it now
displays attached image files in a tabbed separate window. If not, is
there any possibility somewhere in TheBat! to set, which program is
used to handle which type of attachment? On my system TheBat! does not
open any external viewer when I try to double click on attached .log
files, instead I first get the warning that these files can contain
viruses (it's pure ASCII and a non-macro text editor is associated with the files in
Windows) and when I insist on opening the file I get the error message
that the application for these files was not found...

   Uwe.

TheBat! 1.62 Christmas Edition on Windows 2000