Maybe others have mentioned this idea:  let the same filter apply to
both Inbox and Outbox so that I don't have to keep defining the same
filter twice, once for recipient and once for sender.

Ideally, filters should not be associated with Inbox, Outbox, Sent
Mail, or any other default folder.

Instead Bat should just have an extra tab pane on each filter
definition that lets me tell the program which folder it applies to.

The filter drop-down field selector should also offer more types to
support multiple-folder filters.  Such as, "sender or recipient", "any
address field", and so on.

I realize that one can technically apply any filter to any folder
manually.  That is just more manual labor.  And it doesn't even work
say when I use Inbox filters on the Sent Mail because Inbox filters
are defined by the Sender field, while Sent Mail always has me as the
sender.

M.