Ok,
so my plan is not working: it is not possible to block the saem user.
Calypso, so far, is the only program, it says that a mailbox is already in
use and can not be opened by any other user, it kinf of makes this opened
mailbox exclusive.
Anyway, thanks for the comment, and,......
It is not true that in a mutli user/computer eviroment TB! has to be
installed on all the computers, if you just install the program on the
server only, every user can use the .exe file! Very handy actually!!

cu

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Klaas-Jan Doeven [KJD] wrote:'

First, I must say that AFAIK, only some of what you're asking is
documented. You'll have to hope that there are those who've tried
what you wish. I waited a while before answering to see if someone
else would have something more positive to tell you. :)

KJD> i tried The Bat! and might be going to use it, if............ I
KJD> set it up for mulit users, this i managed ok, they can both log
KJD> in and see all the mail etc.

Ok.

KJD> I also want the same user to be able to log into The Bat! from
KJD> a different computer.

Like a roaming sort of TB! user? For the person to use TB! on the
other computer, TB! has to be installed on that computer. The mail
directory could however be on a central server and the users TB!
installation be made to use this central server's mail directory.

KJD> But...i do not want both users to be able to edit/reply etc.
KJD> the same mail, because this way, one incoming mail can be
KJD> answered twice, both the users do not see that they both are
KJD> replying the mail, until it is in the out or set box.

Different users replying to the same message concurrently cannot be
prevented.

KJD> This is not what i want. Is it possible to kind of 'lock' an
KJD> email when one is already 'in' this email? Or maybe even lock a
KJD> new/other user if another user (with the same name) wants to
KJD> use The Bat! with the same account?

Not that I know of.

--
  -=] Allie C Martin [=-  {List Moderator}

MUA: TB! v1.62 Christmas Edition ___ OS: WinXP Pro (SP1)