On Monday, December 16, 2002, 13:06, Ron Jeffries wrote:

> HOWEVER: If the mail in question is useless or spam, I want to delete
> it. Pressing the Del key, with the default read filter mentioned
> above, doesn't send the mail to Trash, it sends it to "Read".

> So my question is: how can I have both a default filter sending mail
> that has been read from Inbox to folder "Read", and allowing mail that
> is deleted from Inbox to "Trash".

You can create another filter which sends the message to Trash. Mark
this filter as manual and then assign a hotkey combination for it and
use this hotkey instead of your ordinary way to delete messages.

You might even be able to assign the delete key as hotkey for your
manual filter, but that I don't know.

--
Regards,
Marcus Ohlström

Using The Bat! v1.62/Beta7 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3
PGP Public Key at http://www.canit.se/~marcus/pgp.asc