Just as a followup, I've isolated 4 messages all from the same source
that cause the message download to abort.  I'm trying to get my ISP
interested in checking out the mail messages which I've saved on the
server.

FYI, the messages are part of subscribed list.  If anyone would like
to try, the list is "beginning_vb digest" at
URL http://p2p.wrox.com/list.asp?list=beginning_vb

This is a daily digest for Visual Basic.  The last date on which I
received a normal digest was December 16.  Since that time, each
digest causes the email download to abort.

I even received a response to an automated query at that URL.  That
message, too, only 939 bytes long, aborted the message download.

The initial response I received from my ISP suggested that I needed to
have 8-bit mode enabled for message header.  I enabled the mode but
the download still aborts.

Just to reiterate that this is NOT a problem with TheBat!, Netscape
Messenger experiences the exact same download abort.

I'll try a download without Norton AntiVirus running.  But I want to
make sure I do this under controlled conditions so that a real virus
doesn't slip in.

 Lawrence                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]