Hello Heiko,

>>> On a side-note, I always wandered where the abberviation XMas comes
>>> from. Cross-Mass?

>> Greek letter chi. First initial of Christ, spelled in Greek.

>> Ron Jeffries
>> www.XProgramming.com

HK> Christ-Programming?!?! ;-)

HK> Sorry, couldn't resist.

Also irresistible, at least to me: Early Christians, in their quest
for privacy, would inscribe a drawing of a Fish on their dwelling and
meeting places. A secret sign. Taken from Greek letters, also. Some
knowledgeable linguist and historian take it up from here?

This is, NB, totally on topic, given the significance of Fish to this
List. :)

Mary