I frequently receive messages that forward other messages as
attachments.  I think that in some cases there are attachments other
than email messages.  There appears to be one attachment with an
".email" extension.  They are sent from someone through an MSN.com
account.

In TB!, clicking on the attachment opens a new message which is blank
except for the headers.  However, if I export the message and open it
as an RFC-822 formatted .msg message in Mailbag Assistant, the
interior message appears fine, and I can extract whatever underlying
attachment might be there.

What could be causing this?  I am partly curious and partly trying to
find what, if anything, I can tell the sender to do differently.

--
JN