Hello John!

On Monday, December 23, 2002 at 10:32:12 AM you wrote:

> I disagree.  The best customer you can have is the one you already
> have.  Proven fact.  (or myth?)

Wrongly worded. I think this myth comes from distribution department.

The customer you already have is *easier* to have as a customer.

That may sound circular but it isn't. You need much more money and
effort to get a new customer than you need to hold an existing one.

This is vital in advertising and marketing because it also tells you
to concentrate most of your efforts on *new* customers. I am actually
convinced that you cannot lose customers you already have by changing
your advertising, you lose them through bad service. Hence advertising
can solely be targeted at potential clients.

--
Dierk Haasis

The Bat 1.62 Christmas Edition on Windows XP 5.1 2600Service Pack 1

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity. (Derek
Leveret)