On Monday, December 23, 2002, 10:25:19 AM, Dierk Haasis wrote:

DH> This is vital in advertising and marketing because it also tells you
DH> to concentrate most of your efforts on *new* customers. I am
DH> actually convinced that you cannot lose customers you already have
DH> by changing your advertising, you lose them through bad service.
DH> Hence advertising can solely be targeted at potential clients.

Getting into the region of completely OT now, but there was a large
study done many years ago which showed that customers who've had a
problem with a company & had the problem solved satisfactorily are more
loyal to the company than customers who've never had a problem at all. I
guess it's to do with feeling secure that problems will be sorted.

--
Deborah