Hello Marcus,

On Thursday, January 02, 2003, 7:42 AM, you wrote:

< snip >

M> It depends on what you are referring to. How other programs handle
M> "- -- " as a signature delimiter I do not know, but it's not TB!'s fault
M> that the extra "- " is inserted before the correct delimiter. Try
M> signing a text with "-- " at an otherwise empty line in any other
M> program if you want to verify.

I did not mean to imply that it is The Bat!'s fault. PGP does this,
and The Bat! of course can no longer recognize it as a 'cut' line. For
two months I had been manually deleting everything that got imported
into the Reply text editor window, in an effort to comply with TBUDL'S
"quote" protocol, with which protocol I am in complete agreement.

(And I am not against PGP. Have keys myself. Just have a %NOUSEPGP in
most of my templates, including TBUDL's address book Reply entry.)

Now I find that those "in the know" have a template--either in the
default Reply Template in Accounts, or in individual address book
entry templates, or--not really good--in folder templates.

This template has to be in the settings of the recipient. So far as I
know, the sender cannot provide a work-around, if he/she is signing
with PGP.

But it's a godsend. I have only been using The Bat! for about two
months, and there's much I don't know. But I regard this template that
I discovered, only yesterday, with the help of a few listers and a
couple of moderators, with the zeal of a missionary. ;)

I am not going to bother checking out other e-mail clients. I am sure
they are just as discombobulated with this as TB!

The Bat! as e-mail client Forever!  Yay. Three cheers for its
templates!

--

Mary

The Bat! 1.61 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1

--

Mary Bull

The Bat 1.61 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1