Hello Allie!

On Thursday, January 02, 2003, 4:29 PM, you wrote:

MB>> Please see now for me if my 'cut' line works, with only one
MB>> Enter (line space) below it. I am a true "doubting Thomas." :)

A> Very strangely it wasn't cut.

When he taught me to do this, back in October 2002, moderator Leif
Gregory emphasized the two empty lines. This is why I have been so
"stubborn" about it. BTW, how is Leif? Haven't seen him on TBUDL or
TBOT in a long time.

A> I can't say why either since I've checked many signatures which all
A> have been cut. These sigs included ones with the text just under the
A> delimiter as mine and  that of most other members, sigs with only
A> one line space below the delimiter (Thomas Fernandez's sigs) and
A> sigs with two empty lines below the delimiter.

Are all the ones where it works PGP tray signed? I have a %NOUSEPGP in
all my templates, ever since I obtained my keys. Took it out of one
or two templates, temporarily, for people who wanted to sign my keys,
and for awhile out of the PGP-Basics template for people who wanted to
check my signature.

I just wanted the encryption-decryption function for possible
emergency situations.

And I had had such a hard time manually erasing many long PGP sigs
over the past few weeks, that I didn't want to wish a PGP signature on
any of my Batty friends, even the ones who were sending the uncuttable
versions to me! :)

So, is it possible that this delimiter works in your fashion for
PGP-tray-signed messages, but not for plain cut line and signature
like mine?

Given Leif's early tutorial to me, before I even knew there was such a
thing as PGP?

A> Your delimiter also has the space after the dashes. I don't know
A> why it doesn't cut.

See if this does.

--

Mary

The Bat! 1.61 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1