Hi Barry,

first let me thank you for your private mail, but it ain't necessary
sending me that one. I'm reading the list and I don't need seperate
copies of e-mail you (or anybody else) are already sending to the list.

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:19:43 +0000
Barry Higginbottom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> No, it ain't. As long as at least one account is configured to be
>> a"User" (in opposite to "Administrator") The Bat! prompts for a
>> login. Go to "Options" / "Network & Administration" / "Privileges"
>> and set all accounts to "Administrator" and the username/password
>> prompt should disappear with the very next start of The Bat!.

> Well done that man!
>
> Exactly the problem (?)

Fine.

> On another matter, loosely related, I would like to set up TB for my
> wife so that when TB starts it only lists her account as available. I
> have 5 separate business internet email accounts and to list those
> also would only confuse matters.
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible, i.e. to start an instance of TB
> with only one account shown.

I guess you'll have to "revert" to the login stuff you've just turned
off with the tips from my previous mail.
But the good news is: you _can_ avoid this login popup, IF you create a
new shortcut to "thebat.exe" and pass parameters to the executable.

The help file will be a good source of _exact_ syntax, but roughly it's
something like

thebat.exe /user=account;pass=secret

Of course this is not secure, as everybody could read the password, but
if only you and your wife use this computer you could give passwords
like "a" for your administrative accounts and "b" for your wifes one and
use two shortcuts, for for you and one for your wife.

IIRC her account has to be a users account for her not seeing the other
12-million.

HTH
--
Pit