Hello Roelof,

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 at 08:42:44[GMT +0100](which was 07:42 where I
live) you wrote:

> Yes. you're probably sorting in descending order, but that wouldn't
> really matter.

I am sorting that way and I agree, it shouldn't matter but it does
seem to. If I turn it off the threading changes considerably but I'm
being difficult because I prefer descending order :-)

> And you're having unchecked:
>  Options -> Preferences -> Message list -> Automatically adjust first
>                                           column width for threaded view

No, that's always been checked.

> What I mean by level is this (all messages with same level have same
> number):

> 1-Blablabla
>   2-Re:Blablabla
>   2-Re:Blablabla
>   | |
>   | 3-Re:Blablabla
>   |   |
>   |   4-Re:Blablabla
>   2-Re:Blablabla
>     3-Re:Blablabla

Yes, so I want to be able to have an option that, whilst reading the
third number 2 message, I can toggle between that and the original
number 1. That would seem to be a useful option whether reading in
descending order or not. If the read message ID were included in the
reply, as per Anthony in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> then
it is possible to click on that and the whole thread comes up in the
"View Folder" box but I never use that. I always rely on the main Bat!
display (as per your screenshot) to do all my reading.

Thanks for taking the time to send me the screenshot though.

Richard

| Using The Bat! version 1.63 Beta/5
| Windows 2000 (build 2195), version 5.0 Service Pack 3
| and using the best browser: Opera.

Lead me not into temptation. I can find it myself.