Hi ~John,

on Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:16:53 -0600GMT (10.02.03, 19:16 +0100GMT here),
you wrote in [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] :

~> - - - Peter Meyns wrote - - -
P>> on Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:39:42 +0000GMT (10.02.03, 15:39 +0100GMT here),

~> Could someone give me some good instructions on how to setup the
~> "SpamCop" filter? I would like to try it, I was just upset because
~> there was no support with it. It was like everyone was saying your an
~> idiot because you can't set it up with the very vague instructions on
~> the FAQ page.

First thing I'd like to say is, that you replied to my message instead
of starting a new thread. This isn't a good thing in various respects.

You may consider that many users of The Bat! (which you will find plenty
on TBUDL... ;-) ) use the feature of viewing messages sorted by thread.
So your message was here displayed as an answer to the message you hit
"reply" on (my message!), and I felt quite disappointed to see, that an
"answer" to my post wasn't an answer at all, but a new request. :-(

Next thing is, you might lose the users not interested in _my_ question.
I can't afford to read _all_ messages I receive on lists myself (and I'm
not interested in all topics) - I often use <ctrl>+<shift>+M to mark
the whole thread as read.

So your chances of a good reply are much better when you start a new
thread with a new message.

As for your question about the SpamCop filters, it's not difficult. Once
you have set up your account with www.spamcop.net you can use the
service easily with the filters from the FAQ. :-) (The automatic log-in
was a bit tricky, but we got it! :)) )

--
Cheers
Peter