Jernejcic-

Tuesday, February 25, 2003, 1:37:10 AM, you wrote:

JA> maybe a silly question, but is there a mixed mode? we are using
JA> an internal mail server. what i did not mention yet (please forgive
JA> me) : we use citrix terminalserver and the "workstation" described
JA> above is only just another terminalserver session running on a thin
JA> client.

If Citrix Metaframe works like Terminal Services then each instance of
a user workspace is autonomous. I'm not sure that the update
notifications would get passed to user instances, since they're more
or less the same program. My brain is reeling a bit trying to figure
this out, though. It's probably not worth your while to play around
with the different networking modes of TB, given your situation.

I *can* say this, though. I've got a client set up with different
(real) workstations, each of which launch a shortcut to the executable
image on the server and are set up to run in workstation mode. And
each of those gets notifications properly using TB 1.61. At any rate,
I haven't noticed any show-stopping bugs since upgrading and the
networking components are noticeably faster and smoother.

JA> btw: TheBat behaves great on citrix.

Good to know. I've been about to check that out myself. Works fine
under Terminal Services as well.

-Mark Wieder

 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/4 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2