Hello James Senick,

On or about Friday, February 28, 2003 at 00:19:51GMT -0500 (which was
12:19 AM in the tropics where I live) James Senick posted:

>>> Export -> Edit -> Import. That easy :)

JS> Not easy enough for those who have to do it often.

Easy enough for something that should not be easily done!

>> I know this, but it is an old circular discussion Pit was referring
>> to: Should it be possible to edit incoming messages from within TB?
>> Pit (and others) think it shouldn't, I (and others) think it should be
>> possible. I just wanted to keep the idea alive, as I believe it would
>> be a nice feature (one I would use, as opposed to a scheduler <g>).

JS> The idea is very much alive here.  I am still happy with TB as
JS> is but fully expect this feature to be added at some point. To
JS> me, the whole essence of TB cries for this type of manipulative
JS> power to be given to mail power users.

The issue is the ability to modify something someone wrote in a way
they never intended.  One should NOT be able to modify a message
without indicating PLAINLY that the original writer's message has been
changed.  The inability to easily do so is good for the 'sanctity' of
the original poster's intentions.  Most folks (like me) don't go to
the trouble to verify signing keys, and accept the message as what the
poster intended.

I'll probably NEVER be convinced of the security of encryption
schemes, and the lack of 'Big Brother' back doors to them. ;-)

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

First Rule for Corners: Slow In, Fast Out

/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Against HTML Mail
\ /   If it aint a webpage it shouldn't be HTML.
 X    Say NO! to bloatmail - ban HTML mail!
/ \   Ask Spikey, he hates everything (HTML).
Using TheBat! v1.62i hamstrung by Windows XP 5.1
Build 2600 Service Pack 1'