Hello Pete,

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003 18:29:16 -0500 GMT (09/03/03, 06:29 +0700 GMT),
Pete Holsberg wrote:

> When I double-click on a URL in an email message, nothing happens.

> If I SHIFT-double-click on say
> http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/FAQ.html, I get

> "http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/FAQ.html"; - The system cannot find
> the file specified.

By "the system" I would understand your Windows system is meant. You
say IE is your default browser, that would mean two things: 1.) IE is
indeed installed on your system, 2.) .html files are associated with
it.

Go to Windows Explorer and check for View / Folder Options / Files
Types. Scroll until you find HTML Document. And see whether it is
correctly associated. Go to Edit... then again Edit.. and let us know
what you see in that window entitled "Editing action for file type:
HTML document".

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

The most precious thing we have is life. Yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.63 Beta/5
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM