Hello Pete,

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:14:55 -0500 GMT (12/03/03, 05:14 +0700 GMT),
Pete Holsberg wrote:

TF>> My suggestion is to uninstall TB (save your message bases and config
TF>> data first), re-download TB, and install the newly downloaded version.
TF>> I think something got corrupted druing download (as happened to Mary a
TF>> few months ago).

> I just did that. It looks like the Reply-To is now OK but it still
> can't do URLs.

OK, we are one step further. ;-)

Now open a blank Word document. No, not in TB, in Word. Type in a URL,
it will get highlighted as it will in  TB, after you hit return. In
Word, URLs are as clickable as they are in TB, so click on it. Do IE
Open? (Please note that you  would need to let Word access the
internet on remote port 80, so if you cannot actually connact to the
site it may be your PFW settings. But that doesn't matter to us now -
we only want to see whether IE receives the system call).

If IE opens, we'll look further at what is wrong with TB's system call.

If IE does not open, we'll look further into your file associations.

Please bear in mind that I am trying to solve this "the Win98 way"; I
wouldn't know anything about XP.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Early to rise and early to bed, makes a man healthy but socially dead.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.63 Beta/5
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM