On Friday, March 14, 2003 at 21:25:42GMT +0000 (which was 4:25 PM where I live)
  Mike Alexander wrote and made these points on the subject of "NOD32":
MA> Thursday, March 13, 2003, 8:52:56 AM, you wrote:

WM>> I still fail to understand why people bother with the AV plug-ins

MA> Because those people are responsible and would rather not:

MA> a) Catch a virus themselves and,
MA> b) pass it on to anyone else.

WM>> It just introduces more complexities and potential problems. Keep it
WM>> simple. I know the theoretical benefits. You can see from this list the
WM>> practical results.

MA> Not really. You only hear from people when they have problems. No one
MA> writes in to say "Oh, look my AV works".

MA> I use Norton and it works fine. I've used Norton since 1998 on Win
MA> 9x, NT and 2k and never had a problem with it.

 Do me a favor would you?  Go to pandasoftware.com and run the free
active scan.  If you don't turn up any viruses, then you can toot
Norton's horn...

On my system at work it turned up loads of viruses after having used
McAfee and Norton for years.

David
Member of E-mailaholics International
Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" while you look for a rock.
Using The Bat! v1.62i on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600Service Pack 1