Dear Jonathan,

On 15:59 15.03.2003, you [Jonathan Angliss ([EMAIL PROTECTED])] wrote...

> Actually it is more than possible.  Some ISDN blocks sit in the same block
> (/24) as dialups, albeit a different subnet mask.  When RBL lists blacklist
> addresses, they often don't research into the extent of the range, and just
> block the whole /24 range, while the dialup range stops halfway through
> that subnet.

While we're at it, this is a quick copy&paste from an MTA mailing
list, targeted at "how to block spammers":

***+++***

A few options that can be done, sender verification can be done.
Create a filter that contains

if (($sender_host_name contains "ppp") or
    ($sender_host_name contains "dsl") or
    ($sender_host_name contains "pool") or
    ($sender_host_name contains "dhcp") or
    ($sender_host_name contains ".cpe.") or
    ($sender_host_name contains "interbusiness.it") or
    (($sender_host_name contains "cable") and ($sender_host_name does
not contain "bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com"))) then

[ Note Rogers.com uses cable within their sending mail server ]

Lastly you can create a list of networks to deny from.

***+++***

Blocks based on reverse hostname dial-up clients.

Cheers,
 Johannes                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Excuse my english. I went to US public school.