Hello Pete,

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:48:19 -0500 GMT (18/03/03, 09:48 +0700 GMT),
Pete Holsberg wrote:

RO>> You're using five conditions. Unless you've setup all conditions as
RO>> separate conditions (on the 'Alternate' tab) all of these five
RO>> conditions have to met in order to trigger the filter.
RO>> Since most of the messages on this list don't have 'bat' in their
RO>> subject, the filter is bound to fail.

> So the rules are ANDed? How do I get them to be ORed?

If they are all on the first tab ("Rule", then they are ANDed. If you
put conditions onto the second tab ("Alternatives"), each alternative
is ORed to the first tab and to all other alternative rules. Now, each
of these can again have multiple ANDed conditions, which you add by
using Alt-Ins.

However, for this list I have only one condition:

String: Reply-To:.*TBUDL
Presence in: Kludges

Under the Options tab, I have activated "Regular Expressions", so that
this dot-asterisk is interpreted as "any characters". I believe I
copied this from the welcome mail or somewhere.

> I see that I don not have the_bat.hlp. Can someone send it to me or
> tell me where I can snarf a copy from?

If you donwload the latest version of TB and run the install routine,
the Help will be installed automatically.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

In an office: AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT AND STAND
UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.63 Beta/5
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM