Hi everyone

I've been having a problem with my computer freezing for several
minutes when I open a mail folder in TB!.

When I click on the folder, there is lots of disk activity, but I
can't do anything for three or four minutes. It is not the same folder
each time. As soon as I can use the computer again, I've been shutting
down TB! and deleting the index file for that folder. That fixes the
problem until it occurs again in another folder. This has happened six
or seven times over the past two or three weeks.

I'm using Win XP Home, NTFS partitions, ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0.118. MY
high-traffic folders are compressed on exit; other folders are
compressed about once a month.

Any suggestions as to what's causing it? Is it the infamous ZoneAlarm
problem, which hasn't previously affected me in the two years I've
been using ZA and TB!? or should I be shopping for a new hard disk?

Probably unrelated and off-topic: whenever I leave my computer for a
while, when I return there is an alert that a virus (Gibe.B) has been
found in C:\System Volume Information\_restore {garbage stuff} and
that I should run AVG to remove it. But AVG with the latest update
tells me my system is clean. Could the virus be causing my TB!
problem? And how do I find and remove this virus when AVG says I don't
have it? I've done some web searches, but all the advice says just
delete the infected files. I can't find the infected files. I can't
see C:\System Volume Information in my filesystem, even though I have
Windows set to show all hidden files and folders. The folder does
appear in the AVG tree for selecting what to scan, but AVG says it's
clean.

--
Tim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]