Hi Tim,

Friday, March 21, 2003, 3:53:28 AM, you wrote:

T> I'm using Win XP Home, NTFS partitions, ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0.118. MY
T> high-traffic folders are compressed on exit; other folders are
T> compressed about once a month.

And there is your problem: Zone Alarm Pro.  I would, in the past, have
recommend you ditch it and get something else. However, I have seen a
review of the latest version (3.5 something) and, apparently it works.
The other versions don't. You can solve your problem by updating to
the latest version of ZA.  No guarantee - in this particular case I'm
going on what I've read in the last week.

 Mike