Hi, everyone,

  I'm told that I fouled up my initial post by not getting it to
  the right spot, so I'll try again. Nothing like being an
  ignorant newbie, except being a stupid ignorant newbie!

  I installed TB! and got it up and going over the weekend (June
  7-8) with aid by Jeanny House, yet of this list. Then suddenly, for no reason that I
  can see or find in FAQs or archives, it's started closing
  itself.

  I boot it up, regardless of how long it's been since the last
  boot-up, and get a message: "Tasks are still active. Would you
  like to exit when they are finished?" Regardless of whether I
  answer Y or N, it shuts itself down within 10 seconds. This
  has happened up to five consecutive times before it finally
  stays open. I seldom have the patience to get that far.

  The *only* time this doesn't happen is on initial computer
  start-up in the a.m.

  I'm on W2K Pro. I have it set to download my webmail from
  Fastmail.fm via IMAP (which I don't understand, either, but
  never mind that) and send mail through my ISP. I don't have anything fancy going on,
no macros
  or anything (I can only handle those in Word). The Task Manager
  doesn't have anything interesting to say about it; when the app
  shuts itself down, the T.M. says it's shut down, so I don't
  know what tasks the silly thing thinks it's running.

  I assume that there's a setting or something somewhere that's
  wrong, but I've no idea what it might be and haven't been able
  to find any hints. I need an email client that's fast,
  flexible, and *reliable*, and at present, TB! isn't performing.
  Can anyone help?

  TIA,

Anna                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-----

A really good quote ought to go here.