Hello choppystride,

Friday, June 20, 2003, 3:45:37 PM, in a galaxy far, far away, choppystride wrote:

c> Hello,

c> My email provider provides an unlimted number of email boxes.  I
c> currently need to setup 24 for myself.

Ouch!  I thought my 16 on 12 different servers was extreme!

c> I am having trouble retrieving mail from all my accounts at once
c> (i.e. by using the "Tools -> Check Mail for All" command).  The
c> problem seems to be caused by the fact that my email provider only
c> allows 4 simultaneous connection to their email server from the
c> same IP.

Same here...... :-(

c> Interestingly, I've tried this with the Pegasus email client (v4.11)
c> and had no problems.  Not sure why this is the case. Perhaps it
c> connects to and then disconnects from the server each time an account
c> is checked?

I believe Pegasus checks accounts sequentially, while TB! checks all
concurrently!

c> Any suggestions to overcome this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Use scripts (or different time periods) to check only 3 accounts at a
time!  This should be a request for the wish list for an option to
check sequentially OR concurrently.

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

T-shirts are th' novels of the nineties. - Zippy the Pinhead

/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Against HTML Mail
\ /   If it aint a webpage it shouldn't be HTML.
 X    Say NO! to bloatmail - ban HTML mail!
/ \   Ask Spikey, he hates everything (HTML).
Composed & sent using TheBat! v1.62r hamstrung by Windows XP 5.1 Build
2600 Service Pack 1