Friday, July 4, 2003

Hello ,

I realise that likely nobody has done what will be described by a
friend of mine below but maybe some suggestings could be provided what
may be happening and how to improve things...

Essentially he collects and archives many mailing lists and uses
Eudora for that.
No idea why, I asked him already.
Anyway he does the following:

  quote:
EXACTLY
i copy both the mbx and the toc from the cds to hardisk
save them to another new box
using the bat i import the eudora asfo mails mbx cd by cd
kill dupes
add the "no dupes files to the first box in the bat
the messages in the bat;'s in box looks ok, no dupes
then i import the messages from the in box in the bat to forte agent
all the dupes are back!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am trying again the compress folder, you told me yesterday and try all over again

EOQ

He doesnt like the threading of the Bat but whatever why should
duplicates LOOK to be gone and be back in Agent????

Another friend uses filemaker to send / archive mail, has anyone
experience with that? Essentially what he wants is a convenient
offline mail archive...

tracer

Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 1