Hello neurowerx,

nwd> 15-Jul-2003 21:16, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> I don't know about other Bayesian filters but for POPFile, for example
>> IP addresses are just "words" that it can use to classify messages. And
>> it sure does learn and use IP lists.

nwd> Good point. However, I believe that DNS blacklists are updated faster than
nwd> popfile will "learn" IP addresses when you teach them manually.

The problem with 'black lists' is that inevitably there are a lot of
people on them that should not be.  I maintain a list server and I can
tell you that several of us (I talk with other list managers) get
black listed every other month or so for various reasons, but mostly
because the list maintainers do not do "due diligence" when someone
says they got spamed from such and so address.

So I will never use a black list to determine spam.  So far I am still
trying to get something bayesian that will work for me.  I have hopes
for the new bayesian plug-in for TB.

 MikeD                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows ME 4.90 Build  3000