15-Jul-2003 22:10, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> well, I just got rid of spampal, not because it didn't work, but because
> I finally noticed that the slowdown in receiving mail was only on the
> accounts that had spampal setup. Now I am back to getting my mail FAST.

I'd say that depends on how frequently you receive mail from the same
persons, and spampal has a chance to auto-whitelist the corresponding
address. Mail retrieval is only slow for addresses that need to be checked
against the DNSBLs. If you're received mail from "new" addresses all the
time, it will be slow, and spampal is not the best solution, I agree.

OTOH - I am on not on a dial-up connection and don't care whether my mail
retrieval is fast or slow. In fact, I don't even notice it. Whether spampal
takes 1 or 30 seconds to process a single email, TB just runs and
periodically checks for mails, and when its there, its there. :-)

 neurowerx (http://www.neurowerx.de)

If there is hope for men, it is because we are animals. -- Robert Ardrey