Wednesday, July 16, 2003, 7:01:34 PM, Thomas wrote:
T> I have a question to those who have their own address in their
T> AB: What is the reason?

My reasons are pretty simple. I have many mail groups - tennis
team, swim team board, basketball board, school parents, etc.
(Hmmm. There's a theme there...)

Reason 1:
If I send a mail to one of these groups - say the basketball
executive board, I want to get it as well since I save related
messages in a separate folder.

Reason 2:
The e-mail addresses in these groups are shared to others. I
don't want to have to remember to add myself to the list when I
send it out to the others that want the e-mails in that group.

I use the member of groups feature in the AB heavily. Right now,
I have about 15 groups and include myself as a member of about 10
of them. Most of the ones that I don't are pretty much dead
groups that I don't use any more and leave out there for
posterity. (Computers are really awful for packrats!)

Reason 3:
Including myself in the group also makes it easy to confirm that
I've included everyone. I.e. 8 kids on the basketball team,
including my son, there should be 8 e-mail addresses in the list.
If I've only got 7, I've forgotten a family.

Again, YMMV.  This has worked well for me for years.

--
Dave Kennedy