Peter Meyns wrote:

> Why is that?

TBH, I suppose mainly because my previous e-mail client did not split
threads in this way; it wouldn't delete until the last message passed
the sell-by date.

> If I want to save a thread, I copy it to my "archive"
> folder, and let the mailing list continue its purging on time.

Which of course splits the thread.

> you could set your list folder to not expire messages at all

Better, IMO. Then I could copy or delete the entire thread "manually".

It's not a huge problem, of course, just something that might have
been more thoughtfully designed, IMO.

Anyway, thanks for your help: it's saved me finding out the hard way!

--

Paul Richardson
Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows 2000 5.0 Build  2195